Riding sweet wild holy air…..

During these days of strange things
I’ve fallen deeper in love with creativity,
with that thing that draws us into collaboration with God,
for the way it goes like flutter and flight and drift and wings
that spirits through the fingers of strangling things,
to that free-at-last feeling of s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out cramped ways
been folded up tight too long.

That there’s no bottom to this bucket,
no scarcity to this well,
that it’s endless flowing fountain
even when we’re blocked or can’t seem to tap in,
it’s worth wooing,  worth investing in,  worth cultivating wholehearted
until it bubbles up and breaks through as we lean in thirsty
and wait with open hands.

I’m learning more to be tender with my creativity, as if with a bird on my shoulder
that I’m mindful not to fluster or fritter away
on worry or numbing or energetic drains
but to respect,  to steward like this amazing inheritance
that I dare not waste on catastrophizing or blame.

These are days to re-imagine,
to deep-dive to see what may could be
and I feel as if I’m turning the whole weight of my being into wooing
this costly friendship with Spirit
to go a little more weightless in that place where solution gets born
where unfettered things set their wings
and ride fierce and soft and surrendered
this sweet wild holy air.

“That cannot be.
Unless it could!”
– from Alice in Wonderland

Big grin to Gwen Lily that your name jumped up in the drawing;
go on over to my etsy shop (on sidebar) and pick out a journal and I’ll send it right out to you.
I want to give another away this week – these are turning out so much better now that I’ve
ironed out some glitches and I’m loving the making!
I hope the sparkle I felt while creating them lingers long on the pages:)

Leave a comment and you’re in the hat for next week.

(Every page, for me,  is poetry and prayer
that solution gets born in fierce and freeing ways
in leadership for change in every nook and cranny of this world)

Comments

1. Huge thanks for your intensely creative loving self.
    Fly high, fly free. Always.

• jennifer says

Thanks for the free-flying warmth that whooshes across the miles:)
      I appreciate you, Sue.
      Big hugs,

2. I loved reading that you’re falling deeper in love with creativity. It sounds like you are making the best of the times we are in. Xo

• jennifer says

Thanks, Suzanne – I appreciate all the ways you inspire:)
      Complex and curious times, for sure. But not wasted. Or ignored.
      Thanks for your kind words,

3. Lorene Nelson says

Love this!

• jennifer says

Hi Lorene! So good of you to drop by:)
      Thanks for saying – I appreciate your kindness.
      Big hug,

4. God is certainly a big part of your creative work. I can see so much of nature in your creativity. He has truly gifted you.
    Be serene and happy.
    Hugs, Julia

• jennifer says

I’m so inspired by and in nature, Julia.
      It’s a big part of my living and I’m grateful for every morsel I get.
      Thanks for your loving words:)
      Warm hugs,

5. I agree with you about creativity. Mine needs some exercise for sure!

• jennifer says

Isn’t that just the way! It’s like a muscle and when we don’t use it we lose it.
      Gosh i’m committed to cultivating mine more mindfully for the rest of these days I’ve got!
      Get that muscle moving:)
      Thanks for coming by and sharing, Barbara:)
      Warm hugs,

6. I love that you are being tender with your creativity and taking the leaps and loving the endless well (even though sometimes it DOES seem like there is an end to it.) Your work is so beautiful and I’m so glad it is feeding your soul though this odd time. I’ve already won one of your beautiful journals, so don’t include me in the drawing as it wouldn’t be fair. But good luck to all.

• jennifer says

It does seem to dry up, doesn’t it:) I’ve got a strong feeling that it stays full and flowing
      but we get disconnected or blocked. It feels soooooo good to get the unclogged:)
      Thanks much – I’m re-imagining lots. Big love to you and yours, Jeanie.
      Warm hugs,