Singing river and shuffling shy…..

dsc01814edited

Last year this time I was bursting at the seams
to flesh out a wordy dream I’ve carried for a long time growing
– to find a way to give form and flight to my love for helping tug stories into the light
and whisper free voices that may have gotten buried in the bustle of life.
I’ve carried this flame since I was a girl,  this desire to hear and sing
the hidden songs that another spirit breathes
until they discover in themselves a beauty maybe yet unseen.

It’s grown as I’ve spent time with my older clients,  who come out to sit in their garden chairs
while I dig and tend and weed and mostly keep company with a listening heart
and as I reflect back the breath of their stories and watch their eyes mist and come alight,
it is my honor to hold these spaces sacred.  To be a witness.

So I saved my pennies and purchased a website and named my dream the Singing River Wordshop.
I’ll jump in and pop that thing right out,  I thought,  fueled by strong passion
and labor pains that had gone on plenty long enough.
Get ready to manifest:)
Or so I figured.

dsc01080

Instead,  the river surged wild and I was swept into the tumbling, muddy waters of my own story
and could only ride the waves that tossed me far and away downstream
to a new place altogether.
It’s different,  where I’ve landed.
Less apologetic.  More fearless.
I don’t quite recognize,  but it feels like somewhere I was too afraid to go.
The water sings softly here,  like an afterstorm.
I can hear.

So I’m stepping back in
and trusting help be poured out into every place of need.
Even though I’m knocking around in the dark in technical terms,
I will learn.
Because it’s how I want to invest my Autumn years
– leaning in for a listen to do some wordsmithing for those who may want this,
helping give voice to their own rustle and rhyme.
To notice the whiffs from the incense that a secret heart burns
and wrap words around the treasure buried there.

Because our story is what we leave behind.

dsc02917

“Ultimately what remains is a story.
In the end,  it’s the only thing any of us really owns.”
– Carole Radziwell

The Singing River Wordshop:  It’s about love letters and legacy.
The site is still an empty shell – I’m babystepping into the water again
and so open to questions and input from you – I invite it!
– I want to learn to put words around this thing I’m carrying and I’m not quite there yet.

Giving away another little soul spa package – a love bomb,  of sorts:)
Leave a comment and I’ll toss your name in the hat.

(last week’s drawing goes to Kathy of Paper Pumpkin!  With sooooo much love)

1. Elephant's Child on September 11, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Very few people can make words dance and sing with the colour,scent and rhythm you give them.
    Megathanks to your HUGE caring, listening, loving heart.

• jennifer on September 12, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Megathanks to you for your kind and supportive way.
      Your encouragement is golden:)

2. ladyfi on September 11, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Another exciting venture for you! How lovely.

And your way with words is just magical!

• jennifer on September 12, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Thanks, Fi:) Your encouragement means the world to me.
      I love the way you weave with words:)

3. Lynn Wilkinson on September 11, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Jenn, I love the way you open your heart! I look forward to seeing where this workshop takes you… And hear more about how you will invite words from those of us less skilled with our story telling.
    Love it. Absolutely thrilled for you in so many ways.

• jennifer on September 12, 2016 at 5:51 pm

I’m still playing with the “how”s but will eagerly pass along what I get
      along with big thanks for your kind and loving way, Lynn. I really appreciate you:)

4. jeanie on September 12, 2016 at 8:29 am

Well, if you put “words” together with Jennifer, you know something special will happen. This sounds quite wonderful and I will look forward to hearing much, much more!

• jennifer on September 12, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Thanks, Jeanie:) I love your warm, supportive voice and send big hugs:)
      With all of my heart,

5. Julia on September 12, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Jennifer, it sounds so promising. Your heart and soul is so full of great inspirations. It’s going to bloom into a beautiful bouquet.

Wishing you great success.
    Julia

• jennifer on September 12, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Thanks so much, Julia:) I appreciate those encouraging words! So very, very much:)
      Big grateful hugs,

6. LISA MORELAND on September 12, 2016 at 4:42 pm

So is it encouraging and working with other writers
    or
    are you imagining commissioned work, offering your unique gift of word-smithing to others? Listening to their intentions and crafting poetic prose for them to gift to others or gift to oneself? Can not think of a more personal and exquisite gift.

• jennifer on September 12, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Thanks for asking, Lisa. I’m seeing commissioned work – for families that want to honor and remember a loved one passing,
      for parent’s to leave their children, for someone who wants to leave the stories and songs their hearts hold to pass along to other
      someones. I’ve done a few locally for moms and I made them into art journals for them to give for Christmas. I love the gift-giving
      format – artful and fun. It makes my heart sommersault:) But I also imagine sending bound copies to family members and even doing visual
      work, combining people’s photographs and their own original art.

Also, big on my heart, is helping people simply give this gift to themselves. To hear their own stories told short and strong and maybe
      see themselves lovingly in a way they haven’t before.

Big dream needing some big grace:) I so appreciate your quesitions, Lisa. Thank you!

7. gotham girl on September 12, 2016 at 8:44 pm

So glad that Lisa asked so that we know even more! What an offering…wow…just can’t wait to see where this takes you! You go girl! We’ll be cheering you on!

8. Kathryn on September 15, 2016 at 8:33 pm

So much exciting news!!! You are incredibly brave AND incredibly, beautifully creative, Jennifer! What an awesome idea… And thank you for drawing my name out of the hat! Love you, k

9. Eydie on September 16, 2016 at 8:52 am

Jennifer, you have the gift of taking a white canvas and birthing a storing by splattering words of all shades of light and darkness that tippytoe, dance and ultimately leap deep into the core of your reader’s hearts. I wait patiently with anticipation to see singing River workshop. So much love and light to you

10. ELK on September 16, 2016 at 9:15 am

the path we are on sometimes twists & turns … slow is OK ! blessings to you as you dip your toe in again <3

• jennifer on September 18, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Slow is Ok. Deep breath of yes:)
      I appreciate you much,

11. Judy on September 16, 2016 at 9:49 am

You are a true wordsmith and we are cheering you on as you share your gift with other, imparting inspiration to each and every one. 💞

• jennifer on September 18, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Thanks Judy:) I really appreciate you and your encouraging way.
      Much love, friend,

12. Cindy Long on September 16, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Ahhhhh…a turn in the road…where promise is the heartbeat and hope is the light. Loving this song of river wild…feeling its ripples and catching it’s shimmering glimmers of free. So loving the beauty in this invitation and feeling the privilege of connection to the beautiful sound of an open heart…💖💕💖

• jennifer on September 18, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Your words:) Oh thank you 🙂
      I love it that we get to travel along together again, Cindy.
      Thanks so much for being you,

13. Karen on September 16, 2016 at 7:20 pm

It’s your gift…go with it! God gave you this ability to paint pictures with words and I’m expecting great things!!! Go Lady! Whatever it takes!

• jennifer on September 18, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Thanks, you:) I’m babystepping and bumbling and walking it out.
      Thanks for your steadying hand:)
      -jennifer

14. Patty on September 16, 2016 at 7:39 pm

What a beautiful mission my friend! Use your amazing talent to share your love and support. Momma’s autumns were spent knitting teddy bear clothes to dress little stuffed angels who were given to children in crisis. This work gave her so much joy and hundreds of children blessings.
    Praying that you and your clients create amazing legacies and endless hours of happiness to those who read your stories.
    Love you,
    Pad

• jennifer on September 18, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Thanks Patty! I have no idea how but I’m in;) Not much has changed
      since we made a makeshift raft and pushed off in the swollen creek
      in the dead of winter deep in the woods:) Thanks for sharing my dream.
      You make me brave:)
      -Jenn

15. Susan on September 17, 2016 at 7:23 pm

I truly am in awe of this place where you have landed, I know not another soul who can share words as perfect as afterstorm & whisper free voices and so many, many more that cling to the heart. You are fearless in your love and are here to help, to comfort, so I say follow that bliss and continue on your trail … sounds just right.

• jennifer on September 18, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Big wide thanks, friend:) You are so very dear.
      I appreciate your encouragement, Susan.
      So much:)