These days…….to live them all.

DSC07898
I’ve been writing gifts (sorry for disappearing for a while).
Writing and wrapping like the busy elf I sometimes am.
All the while,  waiting and watching for the word that might find me,
my own little gift to tuck inside my heart and carry with me into the new.
I’ve danced with several.
The one that wants to come home with me is so bold and sure of itself
that I can only smile and shrug at the others,
take it’s hand
and go.

All.

All of me.
With all of my heart.
Even when I feel the hiss that that I’m too loud,  too expressive,  too ebullient,
too much.
Be the all of me,  anyway.
For all of my life.
Give it my all.

frozen

Always.
All day long.
Stand beneath the great wide and feel the small of me in it,
surrounded by it all,
and then feel the all that I carry inside
and embrace it.
Acknowledge it.
And release it generous
with love and hope for us all.

(holding close to heart those good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people)

I wish you all the joy your heart can possibly hold.
And then a couple of measures more.
A cup-runneth-over type of situation:)
For all of your todays.

fresh tracks

“I have no need for half of anything,
no half time,  no half a man’s attention.
Give me all the earth and sky.
And at the same time add a new dimension.

Half the truth is of no use,
give it all,  give it all to me
I can stand it.
I am strong that way.”
– Carly Simon

1. Elephant's Child on December 31, 2015 at 10:37 pm

What a wonderful, empowering ALL-encompassing word.
    I hope you dance with it, sing with it, work with it – and enjoy it.
    Huge hugs.

• jennifer on January 3, 2016 at 8:30 am

empowering….yes.
      Thanks for all of your empowering words to me, friend.
      I will dance and think of you:)

2. Julia on January 1, 2016 at 7:19 am

A powerful word for everyone to carry into the new year. It’s the best measure there is. It takes a generous soul to give in that measure and I know that you can do it.

Thank you so much Jennifer for being such a sweet blogger friend. Your words of wisdom always find a place to sit with me. I wish you good health, peace, joy, hope, love and contentment for 2016.

• jennifer on January 3, 2016 at 8:29 am

All joy to you as you do the amazing things you do, Julia.
      May it come from a place of deep rest and peace.
      Especially in the days to come.
      Big hugs,

3. jeanie on January 1, 2016 at 7:42 am

What an absolutely glorious gift to give yourself and to give all of us. When you think of all in this way, it becomes the best of all possible words! And of course your beautiful images carry your energy and inspiration to us with glorious visuals that truly capture life and your wonderful spirit.

A happy new year to all of you, my friend — and thank you for all you bring to the table when you come to Marmelade Gypsy. I look forward to much more inspiration from you in 2016!

• jennifer on January 3, 2016 at 8:28 am

All of the bounty and beauty of the universe to you, Jeanie:)
      All ways.
      All of your days:)

4. Kimber on January 1, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Such goodness! Thanks for the bold reminder, the courageous song and the strength of standing in the wind and being seen. Here’s to all and no halfs! I love you, friend!

• jennifer on January 3, 2016 at 8:28 am

Standing in the wind and being seen….God, I love those words.
      Thank you:) You are a gift. Just pure gift.
      Love and thanks,

5. Barbara on January 1, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Perfect!!! I’m still flirting with a few myself, trying to decide which one is THE one. Happy New Year, sweet Jennifer!

• jennifer on January 3, 2016 at 8:27 am

No rushes to choose. It has to fit.
      These things can’t be shoved or strongarmed:)
      I love your patience and your heart.
      Thanks for being such a light,

6. gotham girl on January 2, 2016 at 10:54 am

Wonderful! I hope it brings ALL your dreams and hopes to light throughout the year! Happy New Year!

• jennifer on January 3, 2016 at 8:26 am

All of my thanks for the bold beauty you bring into my world, Robin.
      You inspire me big time.
      Thanks and love,

7. Lynn Wilkinson on January 3, 2016 at 8:18 am

So very perfect for 2016! There is no need for half, you are right and ALL OF YOU is never too loud, to expectant or too ANYTHING! Love you Jennifer!

• jennifer on January 3, 2016 at 8:26 am

Hey friend:) So much thanks for your friendship and support!
      Big bold brightness to all of your beginnings (and middles and ends)
      You’re a gem:)

8. Sydney Weaver on January 3, 2016 at 10:12 am

Is your word ALL? 🙂 I like what Carly said too, half the truth is of no use.
    I’ll take that as my word. TRUTH. I want to bring TRUTH (not a half true) to people in 2016

• Jennifer Richardson on January 11, 2016 at 9:02 am

Thanks, Sydney.
      Enjoy the next year, keeping it true:)

9. Nancy on January 3, 2016 at 2:27 pm

This word is so you as you seem to already give it your all in your words, pictures, and that wonderful smile of yours. I will look forward to reading how this word is embracing you in the coming year….I hope your new year is full of “all”……

• Jennifer Richardson on January 11, 2016 at 9:04 am

I think we live in layers, don’t we, Nancy.
      My all last year is a little closer to the surface than the hopeful
      all I’m going to discover and dance with in the days to come.
      Process…..it’s a time thing:)
      Thanks for your kind encouragement and for being such a sweet light in my life:)
      -JEnnifer

10. LISA MORELAND on January 3, 2016 at 2:43 pm

bold color splashed on photos is gorgeous. Beautiful words linger in the soul.

• jennifer on January 11, 2016 at 9:21 am

It’s sweet how we get to splash and sprinkle each other
      as along the way we go:) Togethering is a beautiful thing:)

11. Donna on January 4, 2016 at 6:49 pm

What a fabulous word…All. So much to look forward to with this word! Feeling this word deeply….And I love the Carly Simon song…perfect accompaniment.

• jennifer on January 11, 2016 at 9:20 am

Glad for the paths that let us trot alongside of each other, Donna:)
      It’s pretty cool:) Enjoy these cold days with a warm heart and some good seed catalogues:)
      Love and hugs,

12. Kathryn on January 8, 2016 at 5:01 pm

I figured a creative soul like you would pick such a cool word…it’s so perfect!! 😀

• jennifer on January 11, 2016 at 9:19 am

So glad you dropped by, Kathryn.
      A lion of a year to you, brave friend:)
      love and thanks,