In shadow and glare…..

2015-04-06 16.25.57
It’s planting time and I’m down in the dirt on my knees
a lot
so I thought I’d scatter some seeds and pour some water
on our maybe parched places
because the harsh glare of living dries us quick
and we sometimes need a little soak.

~You are mighty,   even where you’re weak.
Especially where you’re weak,
those gimpy places a powerful nudge
to tag someone in who is stronger that way.
Some dreams just won’t bloom
while we’re lone-wolfing it.

You are beautiful.
Devastatingly beautiful.
It’s that unique beauty that breaks the back of the slave-making system
that demands you “be like” something else.
Go ahead and shine……there’d be a dark piece of missing sky
without you.

2015-04-06 16.27.59

There are seasons when you’re hidden,
protected beneath loving wings that can make you feel
unseen.
Don’t despise those quiet places;  there is wisdom in dormant things.
Your Spring will come.
Some seasons aren’t mild;  don’t fear the shadow
or the glare.

You’re no random bunch of molecules in motion.
You’re here by design,
artisan handcrafted.
(I’ve a gazillion questions,  too,  but I know it to be true.)
I see it in you.
A fierce beauty……..something stunning.
Just so,  so good.
And you’re delighted in by a Love that sings yes and joy and belonging
over your being.

2015-04-11 12.47.54

“I get thirsty people glasses of water,  even if that thirsty person is just me.”
-Anne Lamott

Love and lift to Leslie of Let a Joy Keep You
as my little zine zips across the miles to your hands this week.
Thanks for all the kind comments;  I love this community
and your shiny way:)

1. Julia on April 12, 2015 at 1:51 pm

What a beautiful uplifting poem for a glorious Spring day Jennifer.
    Such beautiful words coming to the surface to make me feel loved by design.
    Have a sweet week.

• Jennifer Richardson on April 15, 2015 at 3:52 pm

Loved by design…..I love that:)
      We are, I suppose, just exactly that.
      I love learning to appreciate each unique
      beauty as it was designed.
      Thanks for pointing that out (and for coming by!)

2. Elephant's Child on April 12, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Beautiful, and uplifting.
    Here it is weeding time. For my soul and the garden.

• Jennifer Richardson on April 15, 2015 at 3:53 pm

weeding is a good thing, isn’t it…..so much to sort through,
      making fresh air for hungry places.
      I’m glad you come around….so much love your company
      I do:)

3. CherryPie on April 12, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Your words tell of the beauty of spring so well 🙂

I need to get into the garden to help fine tune my soul 🙂

• Jennifer Richardson on April 15, 2015 at 3:55 pm

glad for your visit….wishing you a bouquet of sweet
      somethings that whisper your soul soothed and settled:)

4. gotham girl on April 12, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I so needed to read this today! “You’re here by design,
    artisan handcrafted.” YES!!!

• Jennifer Richardson on April 15, 2015 at 3:56 pm

not a one of us a reproduction, for sure:)
      I love your unique voice and beauty and soul;
      thanks for sharing you with me,

5. Lynn on April 13, 2015 at 12:07 am

Oh your words speak so WONDERFULLY to my heart,
    when I need those tender but strong pushing.
    I love the permission your blogs bring and give…
    the ‘tag someone who is stronger that way’ …

I love taking up my piece of sky when I can read your
    wonderful words. I loved the ezine this month. It
    came just in time to sooth my weary heart, getting
    sharpened against the rocks can be tough, but necessary
    some times… thank you for the soothing balm that is
    the way you speak wonderful understanding into life.

• Jennifer Richardson on April 15, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Lynn, you’re a fountain of encouragement:)
      I so thank you for pouring life over my sometimes
      dry spaces:)
      much love to you,

6. Lady Fi on April 13, 2015 at 8:49 am

Mighty when weak – what a lovely thought and superb shots too.

• Jennifer Richardson on April 15, 2015 at 4:03 pm

thanks for chiming in, friend….I love what you offer and share:)

7. Leslie on April 13, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Ah, thank you for these words of truth, love, and belonging. And I’m so excited to have won this week’s giveaway! (Saw your comment on my blog and immediately started smiling 🙂

For some reason your blog comment didn’t show up in my email notifications. This is happening with a few of my regular commenters, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why!?

• Jennifer Richardson on April 15, 2015 at 4:04 pm

So glad to get to share some bites of art with you!
      And thank you for coming by and letting your loveliness
      shine here:)

8. jeanie on April 17, 2015 at 7:54 am

Here by design, artisan crafted. Indeed! I don’t dare plant much yet but lettuce but this is my planting/flower gathering/clean-up weekend. I expect to welcome dirt under my fingernails (to go along with the paint — I don’t think I’ve had good nails for decades!) and add a little color to our greening world. Oh, the smiles (and aching back!)

• Jennifer Richardson on April 19, 2015 at 1:25 pm

lettuce is lovely after a winter
      of snow and gray, I imagine.
      Love to you and your greening:)

9. Kathy on April 18, 2015 at 8:17 am

There is wisdom in the dormant things. How I’m learning this to be true.
    Thanks for the morning uplift as I sip my coffee and plan.
    Warmly, Kathy

10. Kimber Britner on April 18, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Drinking goodness, drinking it in good!

• Jennifer Richardson on April 19, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Cheers, friend (clink) 🙂
      Love and goodness to beautiful you,

11. Susan on April 18, 2015 at 4:05 pm

You and Anne always know just what to say … bless your hearts.

12. Donna on April 18, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I am learning not to fear the shadows or my weak cracked spots….those scars make me stronger….wonderful uplifting words my friend.

• Jennifer Richardson on April 19, 2015 at 1:24 pm

fearing shadows and glare, both of those places can make me
      ever so uncomfortable, is freedom, I think.
      I love that we get so much practice:)
      thanks for coming by and sharing the conversation,

13. jeanie on April 22, 2015 at 7:09 am

There would be a dark place of missing sky without you, too, Jennifer. Thank you for empowering us and reminding us who we are.