A Christmas hush….

DSC08231editededited
I’ve listened for  it since I was little,
the hush that seems to fall like snow
these days before Christmas,
a  holy quiet
that hovers heavy
sweet and thick,
even in the bustle,

the universe holding her breath
in wonder.

DSC08247editededitededited

I’m slipping into the quiet
for a long soak,
making space to bask
and awe
and holding close to heart for each of you
love
and Christmas hope.

I'll see you back again before the new year.
DSC02503editededited
 "How silently,  how silently
the wondrous gift is given...."

-O Little Town of Bethlehem

1. kathryn on December 17, 2013 at 4:04 pm

i feel like that too Jennifer…slipping into the quiet!!! Merriest of Chrsitmases!!!

2. Judy Hartman on December 17, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Thank you for your beautiful photography and reverent words. Yes, I’ve been trying to listen to the hush also, Jennifer – trying to keep things simple and to not get too caught up in the bustle. Thank you also for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Sending you warmest wishes.

3. Julia Bourque on December 17, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I’m sending you some quiet whispers of Peace, Joy and Contentment while the earth is bejewelled in sparkling splendor awaiting for the special day that gladdens the hearts of children.
    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs.

4. Elephant's Child on December 17, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Hugs. Of gratitude for the beauty you share, and with love.

5. Susan on December 17, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Enjoy the peace, the quiet, the beauty. Sending wishes for a wonderful Christmas season to you & your family & loved ones. And a big, sincere thanks for all the loveliness that you share.

6. Jema on December 17, 2013 at 10:15 pm

The photographs remind me of crunching the new Minnesota snow under my pink boots as I watched stars become snowflakes in the night sky. I loved to snuggle my old lab in the chill and crisp air as I felt a quiet whisper telling me it was all going to be okay. Sending you love and light. Yours, Jema

7. Sue on December 18, 2013 at 5:29 am

Wishing you much joy! and looking forward to a wonderful New Year!

8. Bren on December 18, 2013 at 6:16 am

I’m right there with you! Such beautiful photos, words and art 🙂

9. rachel awes on December 18, 2013 at 7:13 am

tiptoeing through, as i also am aware of hush…
    even though bustle is all around, the spirit insists.
    (love your black + whites)
    merry christmas, dear friend. xoxooo

10. Deborah on December 18, 2013 at 8:24 am

Peace and joy, hugs and lots of love to you….

11. Ophelia on December 18, 2013 at 8:24 am

Your photos make me so happy. I absolutely love your message…slipping into the quiet…love. Thats is where I want to be. Have a wonderful holiday.

12. Suzanne McRae on December 18, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Wishing you the loveliest and happiest of holidays ever Jennifer.

13. dulcy on December 22, 2013 at 8:49 am

This morning is cold, quiet, with a dusting of snow. Birds everywhere. Red cardinals against brown branches. Goldfinches turned lovely birchbark greens. Morning doves perched on a birdbath, and downy woodpeckers hopping up the bare redbud tree. I’m ready!
    Merry Christmas Jennifer!
    Love,
    Dulcy

14. Donna on December 23, 2013 at 5:58 am

Wishing you peace, love and hope this Christmas and New Year…you bring such joy to all of us and for me you have been a truly incredible gift…I relish each post and bask in its beauty of word and image…Merry Christmas Jennifer!!

15. Donna on December 23, 2013 at 5:58 am

16. Barb on December 23, 2013 at 7:49 am

Lovely Christmas hush! Big like here. Merry Christmas friend!

17. Kathy Anne on December 23, 2013 at 8:31 am

Only you know how to quickly and quietly transform my hectic mood into calm joy.
    Deep breath. Sigh.
    Thank you.
    Have yourself a merry little Christmas friend.
    Kath

18. Lynn Wilkinson on December 23, 2013 at 5:20 pm

It’s been a “busy” that I wasn’t expecting and a hustle that I didn’t want.
    But reading your blog has brought back that expectation of the quiet
    and the peace that rules my heart this time of year when all is right and
    all is quiet and, though it may not be snowing, there is that hush that
    comes with the first of the snow fall.
    Love you, Merry Christmas Sweet wonderful wordsmithing friend!

19. sharon leaf on December 23, 2013 at 5:33 pm

You, my friend, know where to take us on these sometimes hectic moments before Christmas. My quiet comes Christmas Eve, after the family leaves for home, and I’m left with my thoughts and fond memories. Thank you for bringing me a bit of calm the day before Christmas Eve.

20. Susan on December 23, 2013 at 10:43 pm

My day today was all hustle bustle, anything but quiet. And then I read your words and felt the exhale… Thank you, Jennifer. May your Christmas be filled with love and light. xo

21. Wanda on December 24, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Wanted to stop over and wish you a Merry Christmas Jennifer. May you enjoy the quietness of the season.

22. Lynn on December 28, 2013 at 8:52 am

Beautiful. Beautiful!
    Sorry it has been so long since I have found the chance to enjoy spending time on your page. I miss it here in this lovely space. Always feels so good.
    I have been terribly busy and have not had a chance to blog or spend a fair amount of time reading blogs for… months and months. It feels good to find some quiet time to enjoy what I love. You are part of that! Blogging and the blogs I follow are such a blessing to my life. Inspiring, lovely, beautifully spirited.
    Thank you for being a part of my world and I hope your Christmas was fabulous. Happy New Year too (while I’m at it).

23. Barbara on December 28, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I love that hush, too, and your images speak it. Hope you had a beautiful Christmas and your new year is full of blessings!