free to mosey…

DSC06884editededited

“It’s gonna be too late”
is a haggard-making lie.

How would it be
if we shake off the fear
of missing out,
of regret,
of coming up short
and trust ourselves instead
into the  slow,  unrushed flow
of showing up to the moments
as they come,

just  relax into the ramble
of our ride on down this river,
free to mosey,
poke and putter,
ease along
and saunter slow.

Really,  slowing down inside yourself
won’t cost you.
You’re free to choose your pace.

“Don’t move the way fear makes you move.
Move the way love makes you move.
Move the way joy makes you move.”
-Osho

“It is a great art to saunter.”
H. D. Thoreau

I’ve loved sauntering through August with you:)

1. Elephant's Child on August 27, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. And it is the gentle moments that I hug to myself on the dark days.
    Thank you so much for being you.

2. Julia Bourque on August 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm

My mantra… Never enough time… rush, rush. How I love that you take your own advice of slowing down. I only seem to slow down when my head hits the pillow at night.

Last night I dreamt that I was entering this huge church like building and the ceiling was very high. There were a lot of people all around me and I lifted up my hands high and loudly sent a prayer request to God asking for healing for someone dear and trusting that God was answering my bold prayer. Funny, I never recalled this dream till I read your poem. That’s what slowing down does for me. Thanks for this gentle reminder.

3. Barbara on August 28, 2013 at 6:46 am

I’m always trying to pack something into every minute and then I’m rushing to get somewhere. I have to consciously slow myself down to enjoy the ride and remember that I’ll get there when I get there. Thanks for this beautiful reminder!

4. Lynn on August 28, 2013 at 6:47 am

move
    movement
    sometimes any action is enough, regardless of kind
    frozen
    that is where i struggle
    a saunter
    i will take the challenge
    😉

5. Suzanne McRae on August 28, 2013 at 7:04 am

I love Osho’s message especially… “move the way love makes you move”. I still need to go back and move slowly through your August posts that I missed. I’m so impressed with your perseverance to work through so much in such a short time through your writing. xo

6. Naomi on August 28, 2013 at 7:37 am

“Saunter” is such a great word! I’m going to try it today. 🙂

7. S. Etole on August 28, 2013 at 8:07 am

like walking in the garden and embracing the Lord’s presence …

8. Michele Bergh on August 28, 2013 at 8:33 am

Shaking off the fear now and moving the way love makes me move 🙂

9. Barbara on August 28, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I need to relax in the ramble! And it won’t cost me anything either! Thanks for the beautiful reminder.

10. Kathy on August 28, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Putter. Saunter. Mosey. Such wonderful words, such good feelings in them. I think if we individually slow down, then collectively slow down, we can invite some relaxation into the chaotic world!

11. Wanda on August 28, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I appreciate this invitation to set a slower pace. Thank you for taken us along the journey with you.

12. Donna on August 31, 2013 at 9:26 am

I so want to mosey but just found out work is not slowing after all…

13. Donna on August 31, 2013 at 9:26 am

I so want to mosey but just found out work is not slowing after all…

14. Judy Hartman on August 31, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Slowing down inside yourself – what a concept! Seriously, I’ve been finding my creativity so stifled lately because of the hurry-up message I sense all around me. But a friend’s death recently made me realize that is the NOW that is important, the doing what we love, the being with those we love. I’m promising myself right now to set a slower pace for myself, to really live my life to the fullest. Thanks for the reminder.

15. jeanie on September 3, 2013 at 2:58 pm

That is exactly why in nine days (almost eight — working days, that is) I am retiring. It is definitely time to slow down my pace. My own health issues and seeing how others are sometimes saddled with issues before their time has convinced me that I must make my days count. You are wise to realize this NOW.