let me count the ways….

Celebrating 29 years of togethering
  and oh how grateful I am
 for my mister

~  his beautiful hands and kind, firm touch,
 ~ his quiet way
 ~ how when he laughs,  really laughs,  it's music,
 like my grandpa's,
~ his loving fierceness for protecting our children
 ~  the compassion that rises up and takes him over
 when he senses genuine need.

~ that he keeps learning,  keeps growing,  keeps opening to change
 even when it challenges and chills him,
~ that he notices nature with childlike eyes.....our shared love for
 wildlife and aliveness was how we fell in love,
~  that he still surprises me,
~  the way he cares for my car
~ that he takes life's  hits and keeps moving forward

~  how he wouldn't quit on "us" and wouldn't let me quit, either
  ....the peacefulness that's come.

~  the way his eyes smile to me in a crowd,
~  the feel of his hand on the small of my back,
 ~ the iron sharpening iron way he challenges me with his
 oh-so-different-from-me-ness,
 ~  the happy squeeze in my belly when we ride the same wave,
 ~ the way he's learned to be free about me being me.

~  how we've learned to fight hard and often and well,
 ~  the way his straight lines sometimes bend to blend with my wavy ones.
~  The way he lives his own truth and keeps it real,
 ~  his calm courage when I lose it and come undone
~  his humility when I'm the braver one.

~
  that his heart is tender,
~  his prayers are real,
~  his love is faithful,
~ his art is forgiveness,
~ and his story is strong.

~  the way he loves his mama,  feels his music,  and lives out his love
for me real and raw and true,
~ that i love this adventure we share more each day,
~ and that I believe
that together we can find a way

to thrive through whatever comes down this unpaved path
we travel together.

Wait!  That’s 29~  and there’s so much more to love!
I want years more still
for the telling.

1. Mom on August 11, 2012 at 10:05 am

What a wonderful tribute to our Gentle Giant who is such an important part of the whole! Big congratulations to the both of you for the learning and growing together through thick and thin, for the perseverance that allowed LOVE to grow and conquer. SO proud of you two and love you dearly!
    May there be many, many more years to continue your adventure together! Such a handsome pair!

2. Peggy on August 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I fell in love all over again.. With your words, your powerful way with words that tell your love story but express my heart and my love for my own sweet man. Your pictures together are so playful, loving and sexy all at the time which I know must reflect you both so well!

3. Judy Hartman on August 11, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Jenn. Wishing you a Happy Anniversary and many blessings in the coming years.

4. Sylvia Robertson on August 11, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Wow. I see “Mom” stole my words already. This is wonderful! Happy Anniversary. (And many, many more!)

5. Kel on August 11, 2012 at 8:28 pm

and may you have many more years together

6. Kel on August 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm

just posted a song on my blog that might hit a chord for you today 🙂

7. Shelly Miller on August 11, 2012 at 9:04 pm

This is so lovely. It makes me want to jump up and cheer when a woman loves a man this way, appreciating all the little details. Love the way you leave comments like poetry. What a gift you have.

8. Rainfield (雨田) on August 12, 2012 at 12:35 am

How long is 27 years?

It is very short if is measured in unit of love.

9. Simone on August 12, 2012 at 4:06 am

Wonderful! Your happiness shines through!!!

10. Lindsay on August 12, 2012 at 5:32 am

Oh my God! This is the sweetest love blogpost I’ve ever read!
    You 2 look gorgeous together. 🙂
    Wishing you many many years more!

11. Kathy on August 12, 2012 at 7:06 am

Oh! How loving and sweet and brave and true! Happy anniversary! Your photos are as intensely beautiful as your words. Amazing. My husband and I hit 29 years in January, too. 30 is coming…!

12. Donna on August 12, 2012 at 7:17 am

What a sweet and loving tribute to your husband. Yes, you would do it all over again. Congratulations on 29 years.

13. Cousin Cathy on August 12, 2012 at 8:09 am

What beautiful words to a wonderful man. When it’s right , it’s right! Happy Annniversary and many, many more to come.

14. She Who Carries Camera on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 am

Here’s to another 29 years of love and happiness!

15. Susan Lobb Porter on August 12, 2012 at 10:51 am

Happy anniversary to you and your Mister. May you have many many more years of growing together! xo

16. S. Etole on August 12, 2012 at 1:10 pm

This is wonderful … just wonderful. What a beautiful couple you are. Blessings for many, many more.

17. Jason Stasyszen on August 12, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Congratulations to you both! My wife and I are on 13 so we have a ways before we catch up with you. Always glad to see couples who shine as examples of love for each other and for Him. Thanks Jennifer (and thanks for stopping by my place too). 🙂

18. Leslie on August 13, 2012 at 8:57 am

Ahhhh, this is lovely. Congratulations! (My husband and I celebrated our 29th this year, too, and I wore a circlet of flowers in my hair for my wedding day as well. 🙂

Many blessings to you both.

19. Christina on August 13, 2012 at 10:52 am

this might be my favorite poetry that you have shared with us so far.
    happy anniversary! i send you love and light.

20. LindyLouMacinItaly on August 13, 2012 at 12:08 pm

What a simply loving post, warmest congratulations to you both, lovely photos as well xx

21. Pamela on August 13, 2012 at 7:47 pm

How do I love thee…the words my mister said to me on our wedding day 36 years ago. Such a good list, written with beautiful words from a heart of love. Congratulations!

22. Louise G on August 13, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Ahhh, the stories your heart tells
    of love and commitment and honour and duty
    and years passing buy in the deepening of love
    and years deepening into more.

how beautiful.

Congratulations dear Jennifer and your Mister.

23. JBR on August 14, 2012 at 6:26 am

Lovely Jen. Blessings to you dear.

24. Naomi on August 14, 2012 at 5:00 pm

This is such a lovely post, Jen. After 11 years, I find my marriage is constantly changing with each new circumstance. It’s so nice to see your path.

25. Maggie Mallard on August 14, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Oh honey I don’t think I have ever enjoyed anything more than reading these lovely words for your sweetie.
    What a wonderful Blessing to have a life with so much love in it. These photo’s of you both are beautiful. I can see and feel the love.
    Happy Anniversary Sweet Friend.
    Love ya
    Maggie

26. jeanie on August 14, 2012 at 6:41 pm

One of the most beautiful, honest, love-filled tributes I’ve ever read. Oh, how lucky you are to have one another. You’re both so beautiful and that light makes it all the more son. I send warm and loving anniversary wishes.

27. Mary on August 14, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Such gifts you are to each other…wishing you many more rich, beautiful years together.

28. kathyrn on August 15, 2012 at 12:51 pm

29 years!! Congratulations!! I am deeply moved by your continued love for your husband…so many wonderful and magical feelings you still have for him…that is truly inspirational and beautiful!!

29. Connie Smiley on August 15, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Oh Jennifer, this is priceless! Your wonderful tribute gave me misty eyes, and renewed my gratefulness for my husband.

30. Amy Kelsch on August 16, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Happy Anniversary! What beautiful words and LOVE the pictures!!! Also, wanted to let you know that I just mentioned you as one of my favorite blogs on Liv Lane’s “Love That Blog” post! Best Wishes!

31. Marcie on August 16, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Beautiful!! Happy..happy anniversary! Wishing you many more years of happiness and joy!

32. rachel awes on August 17, 2012 at 7:54 am

sweetness!!!!!!!!!
    happy anniversary/these photos are so tender…
    espec love the one of your faces touching.
    i’m just back from vacation + catching up…
    big big hugs to you!!!! ooooxxo

33. Dulcy Stewart on August 17, 2012 at 11:42 am

Inspiring, wonderful, happy…. that’s how I feel when I drop by. Also, LOVE your painting in the previous post, Jennifer. I’ve been away from my easel, and your beautiful art is pulling me back!

dulcy

34. JBR on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 am

HI Jen came back for another visit. Having issues with Blogger (see my recent post). Hugs to you dear.

35. Lynn on August 18, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Love sure is beautiful. ~sigh~

36. Liz on August 21, 2012 at 12:21 am

oh *Jen*…the *wonderfulness* of this……..wishing you both all the “happy” this life has to offer….

hugs, love, warmest and best,
    Liz ~*

37. Kim on August 22, 2012 at 8:21 pm

So absolutely beautiful! Beautiful, beautiful! Congratulations on 29 and many many more wonderful years ahead.

38. Relyn on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

You have a beautiful, heart-full marriage to a wonderful man. Congratulations to you both. He’s as lucky as you are, you know.

39. Barbara Koob on August 27, 2012 at 12:30 pm

So beautifully Jennifer! Happy Anniversary to you both! You both are such a special couple. Love you, Barb